Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pamper Yourself: How I Turn Any Weekend Night into a Relaxing Retreat

After a long week, I love nothing more than a cup of tea and some time to myself. Time spent relaxing really helps me wind down and de-stress. Having a spa night, in my opinion, is the absolute best way to relax. Keep on reading and to find out how to create a somewhat spa-like experience at home!

The first decision to make is whether to take a bath or a shower. It's totally based on personal preference. As for myself, I really like either one, and it really depends on which one I'm in the mood for that night.

Depending on your budget, there are many different products you could use. It also depends on your preference of products whether or not you'll like what I like. My favorite bath and body products by far are by Laura Mercier. LM's products are pricey, but to me, they are definitely worth it.

If I take a bath, I use Laura Mercier honey bath. It's a sort of syrupy looking bath product that foams up in warm water and turns in to something along the lines of a very moisturizing bubble bath. My favorite scent is Tarte au Citron, but that is limited edition for the holidays each year. Luckily, I received a duo of the Tarte au Citron honey bath and body creme for Christmas this year (thanks SO much Nana!). My favorite scents from Laura Mercier's permanent line are Creme Brulee and Fresh Fig.



When you run the bath with warm to hot water and place a dollop of the honey bath under the running faucet, the whole bath tub will foam up and fill with bubbles/foam. The amazing scent fills the bathroom. It's truly a wonderful product. It also moisturizes your skin as you soak in the bath. Then it's just time to take a deep breath and wind down.

If I take a shower, I'll put my hair up into a bun before getting in the shower to prevent my hair from getting too wet (if I'm not washing it). First I wash my body. I usually just use Dove Deep Moisture body wash. It's creamy, moisturizing, and fairly inexpensive. Also, at Target recently, I've been able to find travel/deluxe sample sizes of it in the travel beauty section (y'know, the baskets/bins with the travel sized products).



After my body wash, I use a body scrub. My absolute favorite is Laura Mercier body scrub in either Creme Brulee or Fresh Fig. The exfoliating "scrubby" particles are smaller than those in other scrubs I've tried, such as Lush Ocean Salt or Fresh Brown Sugar Body Scrub, which I really like. After the "scrubby" bits dissolve, you're left with a creamy consistency that's easy to rinse off.


After my bath OR shower, I always make sure to use a body moisturizer of some sort. My favorite is the Laura Mercier Soufflé Body Creme (again, my favorite scent is Tarte au Citron, but I also love Fresh Fig and Creme Brulee). I love the Soufflé Body Creme because it absorbs quickly into the skin while still being very moisturizing. That is an especially important quality for me, considering I hate most lotion or cream-like products. I always coordinate the scent of my body moisturizer with whatever honey bath or body scrub I use. Alternatively, I really like Fresh Brown Sugar Body Cream, as well as Gud Orange Petalooza body lotion (Gud, the brand by Burt's Bees). You can purchase Gud products at Target, so they're fairly inexpensive.



When I'm done, I hop into some comfy pajamas and fuzzy socks and head to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. I light a candle and sit on the couch for a while with my laptop, maybe reading blogs or watching YouTube beauty videos. My favorite candle is Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay, because I can't use Bath & Body Works candles. However, as with every product I've mentioned, feel free to switch it up with YOUR favorite product!



That concludes my pampering night "ritual"! Please let me know what kinds of posts you'd like to see on my blog and I'll be happy to review whatever products you'd like, do a "what's in my purse" or "what's in my school bag", do a tag post, or anything you can think of. :)

Thanks so much for reading!

xx,
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design by Designer Blogs