Saturday, April 6, 2013

Small Spring ULTA Haul & First Impressions

I had an ULTA 20% off coupon that was expiring today, so naturally I had to stock up on a few things (and pick up a few items from my wishlist!).

First things first, I needed to stock up on my favorite facial wipes. I use the Murad Clarifying Wipes. I love that it's the same brand and product line as my regular cleanser (the Clarifying Cleanser, also by Murad). I've been using these wipes for months, so I can honestly say I adore them. I use these wipes to remove face makeup before washing my face (or on lazy evenings, just to clean my face). It's always better to actually wash your face, but in a pinch, wipes do the trick!



Next up, I purchased the highly coveted (by myself, of course) Butter London nail lacquer in Molly Coddled. It's an amazing purple shade from the Sweetie Shop collection for Spring 2013 (the same one my beloved polish in Kerfuffle is from). I haven't tried it out yet, but if it's anything like the other two Butter nail polishes I have, it will be outstanding.



I've been wanting to try a cream blush for a while, and the next product I purchased today is absolutely raved about online, so I figured I would give it a try. I'm talking about the Stila Convertible Color in Camellia. I tried it as soon as I got home and I quite like its effect on the cheeks. I love the color, and the formula is really creamy, pigmented, and easy to blend. 


I also got several brushes. Real Techniques makes some of my favorite brushes of all time, so I decided to pick up a few more while I had the coupon to use. 

To use with the aforementioned Stila Convertible Color, I chose the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. As with all Real Techniques brushes, the bristles are very soft synthetic hairs. I tried it out with the cream blush tonight, and I must say, I'm quite impressed. I have never really enjoyed stippling brushes, which is why I didn't have one in my brush collection before today. It could probably be used for foundation and be really nice for that purpose, but I prefer the Expert Face Brush for that (also by Real Techniques). For cream blush, it picks up just enough product and blends it in seamlessly.


I have long been on the hunt for a great eyeliner brush to use with gel liner, so I gave the Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush a try. Once again, I tried it tonight. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that creating a winged eyeliner look has never been so easy! I'm extremely impressed with this brush so far.


The final purchase of the day was the Real Techniques Blush Brush. I'm a tad bit of a blush fanatic, so all my blush brushes (which I only have 2 or 3 of) are getting a little worn. I figured I'd pick this brush up and see how it worked. It deposits just the right amount of product on the cheeks and blends everything incredibly well. I definitely do not think I'll regret this purchase.



That includes my haul, ladies and gentlemen (if there are any gentlemen that bother to read my blog other than my dad...?). I hope you've enjoyed this post, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments or message me on tumblr (also anchorsandcardigans). 

Have a lovely day and/or evening!

xx,
Jillian



No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design by Designer Blogs