Sunday, April 7, 2013

I ♥ Spring Tag

The I Spring Tag has been going around on YouTube, so I figured I'd bring it to the Blogosphere (if someone hasn't already!). Here are the questions:

1. Favorite spring nail polish?
2. What is your must-have lip color this spring?
3. Show us your favorite spring dress!
4. What's your favorite flower?
5. Favorite spring scarf/accessory?
6. What spring trend(s) are you most excited about this year? (Makeup, fashion or both!)
7. Favorite spring candle?
8. Favorite body spray/perfume for spring?
9. What is spring like where you live?
10. What's your favorite thing about spring?
11. Are you a spring cleaner?
12. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation?


Let's get on to my answers! 

1. Favorite Spring nail polish?

Noooo! I can't pick just one! If I had to, though, I would have to say Butter London's lacquer in Fruit Machine.



2. What is your must-have lip color this Spring?

I''m going to have to go with Giorgio Armani's Rouge D'Armani in Beige 103. It's more of a peachy pink than a beige. It's gorgeous with anything from minimal makeup to a smoky eye. 


3. Show us your favorite Spring dress! 

My favorite dress for this season is undoubtedly my Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique Print Fit & Flare dress. It is the "springiest" piece of clothing I own, and it's surprisingly comfortable. Dress it down with flat sandals for a day out shopping or add some classic nude heels for a more dressy look.


4. What's your favorite flower?

My favorite flower of all time is the peony, but I'm absolutely obsessed with tulips! I'm going to be so sad when they're out of season, because I've had a bouquet of tulips on the kitchen table for months. Right now I have some pink tulips mixed in with a few purple hyacinths and it's probably the prettiest bouquet I've seen all spring. 


5. What is your favorite spring scarf / accessory?

I borrow my mom's lightweight Burberry scarf all the time, so I'd say that is my favorite. It's light enough to be comfy in springy weather and is adorable with most basic outfits!




6. What spring trends are you most excited about this year?

I'm most excited for the always-expected but always-welcomed glowy skin trend! I'm so thrilled about this trend. It comes back every year, but with good reason, because it's pretty much universally-flattering. Spring is so fun with luminizers and highlighters galore! For fashion, I love pastels! Once again, very typical of springtime, but I don't mind!



7. Favorite spring candle?

My favorite spring candle is actually a quite funny pick. I'm currently enjoying Jo Malone's Scented Home Candle in Blackberry & Bay. The smell reminds me most of autumn, but it's fresh enough to work for Spring as well. I used to love Bath & Body Works candles, but I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm allergic to them. They tend to give me strong headaches. So for now, Blackberry & Bay it is! I may transition to something else once my current candle is used up.



8. Favorite body spray / perfume for spring?

I have a crazy obsession with Jo Malone Earl Grey and Cucumber. It's quite possibly the best fragrance I've ever had a chance to smell. It's incredibly fresh because of the cucumber, but the earl grey adds the lovely smell of tea to the mix, creating a perfect blend. 



9. What is spring like where you live?

Spring where I live (Ohio) is very unpredictable. It tends to rain quite a lot, but the sun begins to shine more frequently than it has all winter (which still isn't much). The temperature warms up a bit, getting up to 65 or 70 around this time of year (April). I'll insert a photo of a park in my neighborhood.



10. What's your favorite thing about spring?

My favorite thing about spring is definitely the limited but increasing level of sunshine.

11. Are you a spring cleaner?

I only spring clean in my makeup collection, which I should probably start on soon. My products are a little messy right now, as is my makeup storage. I also sometimes spring clean my desk and my school bag to reorganize myself.

12. Any plans for spring break or an upcoming vacation?

I actually just got back from spring break in San Francisco. I had an amazing time. The weather was wonderful and the city is just incredible. I'll insert a photo of the view from Coit Tower (which I actually went inside). This is not my photo, though.



That's it for the I (heart) Spring tag! What are your springtime faves?

xx,
Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design by Designer Blogs